SIGN UP & STAY INFORMED!

Sign up and get notified as soon as news breaks.

Submitting Form...

The server encountered an error.

Form received.

WHAT DRIVES US, DRIVES YOUR GROWTH

August 20, 2013

Download Press Release

Be Notified About News

Submitting Form...

The Server Encountered an Error

Form Received!

We practice many of the principles today that our founders did.

Bradley T. Kraft - President & CEO

Hopkins Turns Sixty

EMPORIA, KS – Hopkins Manufacturing Corporation celebrates its 60th year in business today. Founded in 1953 in Emporia, Kansas by E. L. (Bud) and R. E. (Gene) Hopkins, the brothers developed various body shop tools, including an effective tool to aim vehicle headlights. The “Hoppy Headlight Aimer” became an icon in the body shop industry.

 

The founders looked to the emerging plastics technology in the 1960s to continue to improve their products. This new direction led to using plastics to make ice scrapers and Hopkins entered the consumer products market in 1975. This was a turning point for Hopkins and established a new path for growth. Over the next 22 years, the Hopkins brothers expanded the company into Plug- In-Simple® vehicle and trailer wiring connectors and other products.

 

Since 1997 when the founders phased out, the company has expanded significantly, through both acquisition and internal organic growth, in additional towing electrical products, winter snow and ice tools, automotive organizers, oil and fluid change accessories, vehicle cleaning products, electronic vehicle safety products, mud guards and booster cables. In addition to the corporate headquarters in Emporia, the company has manufacturing and distribution facilities in California, Oklahoma, Nebraska, Mexico, Canada; and a supply chain office China.

 

“We are honoring the excellent work done by those that came before us over the past 60 years to build Hopkins into the vital company that it is today,” said Bradley T. Kraft, president & CEO. He added, “We practice many of the principles today that our founders did.”

 

Today the company looks toward a bright future with a focus on delivering meaningful innovation, performance and value to consumers which will ensure that Hopkins remains vital for at least another 60 years.

 

 

 

For more information:

Brandon Dexter

Director of Marketing Services

(620) 340-8496

brandon.dexter@hopkinsmfg.com

 

Mike Williams

Chief Marketing Officer

(620) 340-8403

mike.williams@hopkinsmfg.com

 

 

 

 

 

CONTACT INFO

Hopkins Manufacturing Corporation

428 Peyton St. | P.O. Box 1157

Emporia, KS 66801-1157

GENERAL SUPPORT

TECHNICAL SUPPORT

SALES SUPPORT

QUICK CONTACT

Submitting Form...

The server encountered an error.

Form received.

MEMBER

PROUD MEMBERS

The ARM & HAMMER trademarks are owned by Church & Dwight Co., Inc., and are used by Hopkins Manufacturing Corporation under license.

The OXICLEAN trademarks are owned by Church & Dwight Co., Inc., and are used by Hopkins Manufacturing Corporation under license.

The Mossy Oak logo and trademarks are the licensed property of Haas Outdoors, Inc. and are used under license by Hopkins Manufacturing Corporation.

The Rain-X trademarks are licensed property owned by Illinois Tool Works, Inc.

The Body Glove logo and trademarks are the licensed property of Body Glove International, LLC, and are used under license by Hopkins Manufacturing Corporation.

The DGA logo and David Gonzales Art are the trademarks of DGA Tees, Inc. and are used under license by Hopkins Manufacturing Corporation.

Proud partner/sponsor of National Breast Cancer Foundation.

© 2020 Hopkins Manufacturing Corporation. All Rights Reserved.

WHAT DRIVES US,
DRIVES YOUR GROWTH

 EMPORIA, KS – Hopkins Manufacturing Corporation celebrates its 60th year in business today. Founded in 1953 in Emporia, Kansas by E. L. (Bud) and R. E. (Gene) Hopkins, the brothers developed various body shop tools, including an effective tool to aim vehicle headlights. The “Hoppy Headlight Aimer” became an icon in the body shop industry.

 

The founders looked to the emerging plastics technology in the 1960s to continue to improve their products. This new direction led to using plastics to make ice scrapers and Hopkins entered the consumer products market in 1975. This was a turning point for Hopkins and established a new path for growth. Over the next 22 years, the Hopkins brothers expanded the company into Plug- In-Simple® vehicle and trailer wiring connectors and other products.

 

Since 1997 when the founders phased out, the company has expanded significantly, through both acquisition and internal organic growth, in additional towing electrical products, winter snow and ice tools, automotive organizers, oil and fluid change accessories, vehicle cleaning products, electronic vehicle safety products, mud guards and booster cables. In addition to the corporate headquarters in Emporia, the company has manufacturing and distribution facilities in California, Oklahoma, Nebraska, Mexico, Canada; and a supply chain office China.

 

“We are honoring the excellent work done by those that came before us over the past 60 years to build Hopkins into the vital company that it is today,” said Bradley T. Kraft, president & CEO. He added, “We practice many of the principles today that our founders did.”

 

Today the company looks toward a bright future with a focus on delivering meaningful innovation, performance and value to consumers which will ensure that Hopkins remains vital for at least another 60 years.

 

 

 

For more information:

Brandon Dexter

Director of Marketing Services

(620) 340-8496

brandon.dexter@hopkinsmfg.com

 

Mike Williams

Chief Marketing Officer

(620) 340-8403

mike.williams@hopkinsmfg.com

 

 

 

 

 

WHAT DRIVES US, DRIVES YOUR GROWTH

EMPORIA, KS – Hopkins Manufacturing Corporation celebrates its 60th year in business today. Founded in 1953 in Emporia, Kansas by E. L. (Bud) and R. E. (Gene) Hopkins, the brothers developed various body shop tools, including an effective tool to aim vehicle headlights. The “Hoppy Headlight Aimer” became an icon in the body shop industry.

 

The founders looked to the emerging plastics technology in the 1960s to continue to improve their products. This new direction led to using plastics to make ice scrapers and Hopkins entered the consumer products market in 1975. This was a turning point for Hopkins and established a new path for growth. Over the next 22 years, the Hopkins brothers expanded the company into Plug- In-Simple® vehicle and trailer wiring connectors and other products.

 

Since 1997 when the founders phased out, the company has expanded significantly, through both acquisition and internal organic growth, in additional towing electrical products, winter snow and ice tools, automotive organizers, oil and fluid change accessories, vehicle cleaning products, electronic vehicle safety products, mud guards and booster cables. In addition to the corporate headquarters in Emporia, the company has manufacturing and distribution facilities in California, Oklahoma, Nebraska, Mexico, Canada; and a supply chain office China.

 

“We are honoring the excellent work done by those that came before us over the past 60 years to build Hopkins into the vital company that it is today,” said Bradley T. Kraft, president & CEO. He added, “We practice many of the principles today that our founders did.”

 

Today the company looks toward a bright future with a focus on delivering meaningful innovation, performance and value to consumers which will ensure that Hopkins remains vital for at least another 60 years.

 

 

 

For more information:

Brandon Dexter

Director of Marketing Services

(620) 340-8496

brandon.dexter@hopkinsmfg.com

 

Mike Williams

Chief Marketing Officer

(620) 340-8403

mike.williams@hopkinsmfg.com